Moving On

It has been nearly two full months since I have written a blog post.  In fact I have barely written anything at all with the exception of notes to myself reminding me what I need to accomplish on any given day.  I have been busy with work and with life just like everybody else.  That never stopped me from writing before, so why now? 

In October I lost one of my dearest friends to cancer.  She was not just any friend.  She was the friend who helped me find a way to climb out of the deep dark pit I was in after having lost my first husband to the same disease.  Lynn watched me spiral in and out of emotional ruins, never losing sight of the person I was beneath it all.  She believed in God, she believed in me and sometimes she believed in God “for” me.

Even though I had known for nearly a year that the day may come when she would no longer be with us, somehow I wanted to believe different.  I wanted to cling to the heart to heart conversations, the laughter and her “I Love Lucy” impersonations.  I wanted to attend worship services with her and sing.  I wanted Lynn to show the world that cancer can be beat.  I wanted all of that for her, but selfishly I wanted it for me.  I couldn’t bear the thought of losing her friendship.

I have been in a bit of a fog where my creativity is concerned because I just don’t know what to write about.  I thought maybe it was just my busyness.  But I realized this week how much I looked forward to Lynn’s e-mail which always followed one of my blog posts.  This week as I was reflecting on this something occurred to me.  Lynn encouraged me to always write from my heart and from my experience; that this would speak far more to people’s lives than researched topics.  So that is what I set out to do when I began this blog.  Why should I quit now? You are exactly right!  I shouldn’t.  Maybe, just maybe, someone will read even this simple little post and find hope or encouragement.  I want that for you; for them. 

Thank you for being patient with me during my writing absence.  I hope that you will find something within the confines of this blog to encourage and inspire.

Moving on…..

Amy Lynn Michael

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude to Renewed Faith

What Are You Afraid Of?

Where Never is Heard...