Take That Guys!

This “letter to the editor” still makes me laugh and I wanted to share it with my readers.  Enjoy!

A snowy Sunday morning laugh

How wonderful to wake up to 8.5 inches of snow and find my Journal waiting for me.  Even better that I brought a laugh on a snowy Sunday morning in the form of the Letter from the disgruntled male who wanted to know why there are more male “Jeopardy” champs than women.  Could it be because the women are home working, taking care of the house and kids so their hubbies can have the luxury of venturing forth to show their knowledge of trivia?

The writer was also upset about the portrayal of men on certain TV shows.  I would like to point out the shows he referred to are sitcoms, which stands for situation comedies (little bit of trivea that might come in handy on “Jeopardy”) Anyway, the word comedy should indicate the shows are fictional and supposed to make one laugh.  Don’t worry, we women understand the whole fiction concept.  Of course, shows based on women characters such as “The Nanny”, “Desperate Housewives”, and “Wonder Woman” are accurate portrayals of women.  Another laugh in reading this opinion was the writer pointing out he was married to a woman who was, first, wonderful.  Second, pretty. Third, hard working.  I think the writer putting pretty ahead of hard working speaks volumes.

By the way, if the writer would ever like to go head to head in a “Jeopardy” type competition, let me know.  I’ll be there with bells on.  Just as soon as I get off work, make dinner, do two loads of wash, help the kids with homework, make sure they have their baths and brush their teeth.  My wonderful husband should be able to take over after that, but I don’t want to overwhelm the poor guy. – Kim Harper Sioux City Journal February 27, 2007.

As always, thanks for stopping by. 

Amy Lynn Michael


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude to Renewed Faith

What Are You Afraid Of?