Be Encouraged

Be encouraged if you woke up today, someone didn't.
Be encouraged if you can read this, someone can't.
Be encouraged if you can smile at another, they may have forgotten how.
Be encouraged if someone smiles at you, because they gave you simple joy.
Be encouraged if your clothes were clean, someone has been wearing the same clothes for weeks.
Be encouraged if someone expresses hate, you made them feel safe enough to be honest.
Be encouraged if you can't sing a note, the song in your heart will always be heard.
Be encouraged if your vision is impaired, most of us look too far ahead anyway.
Be encouraged if your well of tears has run dry, someone will cry for you.

It's a simple message today, because I didn't know what else to write.  I am simply grateful and somehow putting it in print makes me realize how much I really do have and how much my friends near and far need to be encouraged.

Maybe my purpose in putting my thoughts out to the world is to simply encourage others.  I fall short sometimes, but if this word encouraged you today, then I am grateful.

Blessings to all who will read this.

Amy Potts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gratitude to Renewed Faith

What Are You Afraid Of?