Come find me on Twitter!

Stop by & say Hi

Translate

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

It's the Simple Things

This is going to be a short post tonight because I don't have a lot to say.  But what I do have, I think, is important enough to share.

I came into work Monday morning, powered up my computer and checked my e-mail.  As I sorted my in box by priority, I noticed an e-mail from Antoinette, who I once worked closely with.  I opened it and all it said was, "hi Amy".  Now that seems like a simple message and maybe even one that could be ignored.  But, I haven't talked with Antoinette in a long time and so it started my day with a smile. For my whole day I smiled about the fact that someone took time to think of me and to do something about it.  Hi Amy.  That's all it said.  Tonight when I logged into Facebook, I had a message from a former classmate.  The article was about gratitude and that made her think of me!  You see, most every night I try to take time to post one thing that I'm thankful for and I always follow it with the question, "what are you thankful for?" 

So I'm two days into my work-week and I know that people are thinking of me because they are telling me.

My challenge to you, my readers, is that if someone comes to mind throughout the day, tell them.  Send a text message or an e-mail. Stop by their desk if you work with them, call them; do something to let them know that you are thinking of them.  It doesn't have to be a big production.

Sometimes the simplest of expressions can bring light to a dark corner of another person's day.

Thanks for stopping by.....

Amy Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email

Thank You for Stopping By

Search This Blog