Come find me on Twitter!

Stop by & say Hi

Translate

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Embrace Your Inner Beauty

Amy Winehouse and Whitney Houston had something in common.  They were beautiful talented women whose lives ended too soon.  When I say their lives ended too soon I am thinking beyond the professional potential that each of them possessed.  I’m merely suggesting that they may have died never really believing how beautiful they were.  Performers, whether they have walked the red carpet or only set foot on the dirty carpet of a local bar, are actors.  They are actors who perform whether they feel like it or not.  They flash big smiles and are showered with compliments from their fans.  So long as the stage lights are on, they have to present themselves as if they too believe they are beautiful and talented.  Inside each of us is a performer, really.  When celebrities look in the mirror at the end of the day, do they see what we see?  Do they see beauty?  Or do they only see the other side? 

I have one of the greatest blessings in life.  I have husband who tells me every day, makeup or not, how beautiful I am.  Even so there are still days when I look in the mirror and wonder what he sees.  If I stay in that thought long enough I find myself thinking about all of my flaws and soon I feel ugly.  These days I don’t stay there long because I know deep inside where my beauty lies and I embrace it quickly and hold on to it as tightly as I can.  I don’t live under the microscope of the public eye like celebrities do.  When I fail, sometimes I’m the only one who knows it.  When I go to the grocery store looking disheveled I don’t have to worry that my picture will be on a tabloid tomorrow with speculations of what I may have done the night before. As I write this, I actually do look disheveled and this mug, this mug is raggedy!  But I don’t care because when Mike woke up this morning he told me that I am adorable.  I grinned and said, “I know that”.   I said it because I believe it.  I am cute, I am adorable and I don’t have to prove it to anybody.  I just know it.

Amy and Whitney were beautiful and so talented.  We only saw their outward beauty and we all made judgments of some kind when they fell.  But both of them had what we have deep inside; they had inner beauty that was waiting to be embraced if only, and most importantly by themselves. 

Do you embrace your inner beauty?

Amy Lynn Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow by Email

Thank You for Stopping By

Search This Blog